- An interesting article arguing that tax cuts do NOT create jobs. The argument uses something simple: math. Now there’s some facts you can’t dispute with.
- Steven Landsburg has an interesting libertarian argument saying that if you’re against the health care bill because it forces you to have insurance, then you must also be against social security, because it also forces you to have retirement insurance. For Landsburg though, he wants to get rid of them both.
- Steven Landsburg has collaborated with other smart folks to detect behaviors of Americans to see how many sex partners they had for each sex. Some are predictable (if you’re a church goer, you will have less). Some others really surprised me (e.g., if you’re female and you’ve been punched the face, you’re more likely to have more sex partners, or if you’re male and you’ve been threatened with a gun, you’re more likely to have more sex partners).
- Apparently, scientists have discovered the “slut” gene. Sigh. I really need to write a blog on why this dialogue has actually created the concept of the slut rather than the slut being a metaphysical category.
- Another study showing that pornography is not that detrimental to society.
- Turns out a study shows that philosophers do best on the GRE scores overall.
- Want to know how to argue better? Stay at the top of this hierarchy.
- Father loses his children because he’s agnostic:
- Masks have been made to be so real, that cops are now arresting the wrong man.
- According to his doctors, a Berlin man has been cured of HIV because of a stem cell transplant.