I soon realized that there were a lot of favorites and a lot of categories and areas that I have an interest in. Also, some of my posts took a while to load and that seemed annoying when anyone wanted to get to my site. Thus, I have decided to make a separate page to particular posts that have stood out as some of my areas of interest. These are projects that I’ve been thinking about or something that I found really insightful. I will update this as interests continue.
- The Strange Case of the Rejuvenated Artist.
- Can one know something is beautiful, but not experience it?
Benatar: Better Never to Have Been
- In part one, I went through Benatar’s argument on why coming into existence is a harm.
- In part two, I went through Benatar’s argument on just how harmful coming into existence is.
- In part three, I went through Benatar’s anti-natalism.
- In part four, I went through Benatar’s “Pro-Death” view of the abortion debate.
- In part five, I went through Benatar’s argument on why the humans should become extinct.
- In part six, I went through his concluding remarks which entails certain objections and Benatar’s replies, suicide, death, religious views, and optimism vs. pessimism.
History of Philosophy
Living and Dying
- Methods on Dying
- The Benefits of Dirtying One’s Hands.
- Some Observations on Loneliness, Sociality, and Bars.
Love, Sex, Marriage and Relationships
- Various Philosophers on Erotic Love, Flirting and Marriage.
- Various Philosophers on Sex.
- Various Philosophers on Relationships: Polyamory, the Family, Friendship, and Singledom.
- On Keeping and Dissolving Friends.
- Contract vs. Communitive Sexuality.
- Charts on Sexual Attitudes
- Book Review: Marriage, a History:From Obedience to Intimacy or How Love Conquered Marriage by Stephanie Coontz
- Looking at Patricia Marino’s “The Ethics of Sexual Objectification: Autonomy and Consent” parts one, two, and three.
- Sex and Expectations
- Learned Helplessness
- Locke has a Strange Way of Acquiring Property
- “Fighting for our Freedom” is simply rhetoric
- The Dark Knight and the State of Nature
- My position on Demi-Vegetarianism
- Can you exercise the will?