- Touching Strangers is an art project where total strangers embrace each other as if they knew each other, but they are total strangers.
- This is how clothes should fit.
- Wanna donate to charity but aren’t sure which charity is the best, or the most efficient? Check out Maximin.org. It’s a website that looks throughout the world and using statistics and maps, it shows the most impoverished areas and which charity would be the most beneficial. Interestingly, the site was created by a philosophy professor. It’s still in the beginning stages, but it looks promising.
- The USA is not a police state. Saying that it is undermines real police states. A lot of comments on this one.
- Time Magazine has a headlining article about the Childfree Life.
- A segment on CBS about the childfree movement.
- Collin McGinn is retiring due to sexual harassment. This has set off a much needed debate about the sexism within philosophy. Most are in support of this. Unsurprisingly, there is someone who supports McGinn, due to ageism?
- A feminist argument fighting against compulsory monogamy.
- A polyamorous woman talks about her husband and boyfriend in this Salon article.
- An interesting website/blog about rewriting the rules of relationships. It’s written by an academic and she has a book that goes with the blog. I need to get the book.
- A fantastic post about why marriage perpetuates privilege, and fighting for equality is to get rid of marriage. She’s also the author of Not the Marrying Kind, which is a book I’m reviewing.
- Check out these trees around the Chernobyl incident. You can tell when the incident happened too.
- Don’t know if this counts as science, but a researcher has claimed that there’s a link between wealth and, well, being an asshole:
- Boston man invents cup and straw to detect date rape drugs.
- Why are some species monogamous and others aren’t? Answer: “You do not get monogamy unless you already have infanticide, and you do not get a switch to paternal care if you don’t already have monogamy.” Although other researchers are still contentious about the data.
- We pardon Spitzer, but not sex workers.
- Know your Title IX.
- Wisconsin will be the first state to post statistics of prison rape online.
- Porn may not be killing marriage.
- Inventors in India have developed a bra that can shock an assailant.
- Is autoeroticism a new way to have sexual well-being?