- Game Theorists have cracked poker as an algorithm.
- In states where drugs are legal, adult use is rising, but teen usage is the same, and in some cases are falling.
- Interesting case study of heroin usage and how addiction is related to environment more than physiology.
- French economist Thomas Piketty was offered the top award in France. He turned it down saying that “it is not the government’s role to decide who is honorable.”
- People with less sleep and stay up late have more repetitive negative thoughts and worry more than those who go to bed early.
- A really cool syllabus about teaching race in the context of Michael Brown and Eric Garner. Looks intense, but very well done.
- We can still have racial bias even with the best intentions.
- Recovering from a breakup is hard. According to the latest science, the best way to recover is to reflect on the relationship, talk to someone about it, and writing about it. It seems to distracting yourself away from the former relationship isn’t the best coping mechanism.
- WHOA! DNA from ex-partners can still linger in females which can then influence the genetics of the female’s offspring. At least, this is shown in fruit flies. However, many scientists say that this doesn’t rule out the possibility that this could also happen to mammals as well.
- Both Democrats and Republicans want a comprehensive sex education. The politicians, however, are not following what the citizens want.