- There’s an app where you can walk someone else’s dog and get paid for it.
- Listen to an interview with David Benatar about the Harm of Coming Into Existence. Note: I’ve written about this before.
- A very sad, yet telling story of a woman who found out she will acquire Alzheimers, and her decision to end her life before the disease overtakes her. Just imagine this: “a mind that could be so alive one moment with thought and feeling building toward a next step and then someone erases the blackboard. It’s all gone and I can’t even reconstruct what the topic was. It’s just gone. And I sit with the dark, the blank.”
- Being bullied as a child isn’t just a rite of passage; it has serious long-term mental health problems, more so than maltreatment from an adult.
- How do meat eaters justify their meat consumption? Through 4Ns: It’s natural, necessary, normal, and nice. The paper also indicates that meat eaters were more tolerant of social inequalities.
- Early men and women were equal, says a scientist.
- Rebecca Reilly-Cooper on the political implications of gender. Here is her views continued.
- People who try to do change their health lifestyles for the better do significantly better when their significant other was also doing the same change.
- How America’s failing public transportation system increases inequality.
- 7 Things People Who Say They’re ‘Fiscally Conservative But Socially Liberal’ Don’t Understand
- There is an assumption that having an open marriage may be detrimental to one’s health and well-being. This study concludes that “[p]articipation (or interest in participation), in consensual non-exclusive sexual relationship styles can be rewarding and contribute to personal health and happiness, as much as or more than monogamous marriages.”
- A fantastic article explaining that reverse racism doesn’t exist, yet non-whites can be racist and women can be sexist. Clue: it has to do with the difference between psychological racism and structural racism.
- An explanation how cops can still feed into institutional racism.
- How Thug Life leads into problems like Baltimore.
- Impressive! Someone made a syllabus about the Baltimore uprisings.
- 11 women who helped change the way we see (women’s) sexuality.
- “For some, there is little innate temptation to cheat; for others, sexual monogamy is an uphill battle against their own biology.” Read the article about how infidelity lurks in our genes.
- Many Americans are shifting to the left on many social issues.