- When it comes to economics, “we’re all Mormons now.”
- Studies show that when women take on their husbands’ last name, she gets lower wages and lower job offers.
- Got a case of the Mondays? Proof that Mondays do suck based on two Cornell researchers.
- How a cereal box is made.
- How to Peel the Head of a Garlic in less than 10 seconds:
- A protein structure in the AIDS development has stumped scientists for years. It took three weeks for online gamers to decode that protein structure.
- Spain develops a powerful prototype for an AIDS vaccine. It has a 90 percent effective rate.
- Women in Saudi Arabia are given the chance to vote and run elections.
- A libertarian argument against the death penalty.
- A libertarian argument for environmental regulation. Good comments as well.
- Because many people argued against it, here are the responses to the replies against the libertarian argument for environmental regulation.
- Sociologists have invented the invisibility cloak.
- Steven Pinker shows that as time goes on, the world gets more peaceful. (Seriously, you should check it out. It’s got a lot of great graphs.) Violence has gone down a lot! We just don’t believe it because the media shows a lot of it, and because our biological urges makes it seem that we are more violent: [H/T Daniel Farmer]
- The President of Iran has made so many controversial statements about 9/11 that even al-Qaeda is saying enough is enough.
- How to break up.
- 10 Realistic Rules for living a non-monogamous relationship.
- Judge in Botswana got tired of hearing about polygamous squabbles, so he declared monogamy as the rule.
- A student at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor is looking for polyamorus people in multiple relationships for a student documentary. Get the details here.
- Rationality and Romance.
- The McGurk Effect is trippy:
- In the same vain as askphilosophers.org, you can know ask a mathematician or ask a physicist for your scientific or mathematical questions. (now in blogroll) I’m hoping that an ask an economist website will come out soon.
- Survey shows that more youngsters are having unsafe sex. I was actually surprised by France: it has gone up 111 percent!
- An interesting take on the science of kissing. I’m definitely buying the book. Here’s the video:
- Although it was under the raider, the NFL has added sexual orientation as a form of discrimination.
- Washington, D.C. will require public students to take a standardized sex ed test. Can you pass the test?
- Republicans actually supported Planned Parenthood back in the 70s.
- Australia announced that women can join combat forces in their army.
- Close to home. The Utah Undie Run for Protesting Utah’s “Uptight” Laws grabbed a lot of headlines. I wish I was there. The headlines include local news, of course, but it went worldwide reaching Germany, Australia, Britain, Indonesia, Taiwan, Metro UK, Switzerland, and reaching the HuffPost and Bill O’Reilly (about four minutes in). If they do this again, I would love to attend. Photos and video here. This may also reach Guinness Book of World Records. They’re doing it again on August 25, 2012. I predict it’ll be bigger and better.