- A new game called SPENT puts you in the position of a person who’s going to be homeless person. The makers of the game says that their goal is to challenge the way you think about poverty and homelessness.The goal of game is to place you in the position of having lost your job, your savings and being down to your last $1000 dollars. Basically, you’re not homeless, but you’re on the verge of becoming homeless. Try to last one month. Unfortunately, this is the reality for many people in the US today. Play it. See if you can last.
- French Feminists way “non” to the word “mademoiselle.” It has reacted from the Dominique Strauss-Kahn scandal.
- You can get rid of vaccine scares by using a little logic and investigation:
- The Supreme Court of the United States starts its new term and many issues are on the agenda including: immigration, same-sex marriage, President Obama’s healthcare overhaul, affirmative action, Medicaid, warrant searches, strip searches, expletive words in the media, free speech, and environmental issues.
- Great videos on detecting fallacies:
- Mexico is thinking of making marriages based on renewable two-year contracts.
- Ha! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this bit of news. It reads like it’s from The Onion. It’s still satire though.
- Wow. Get paid to go on a first date. The site touts that it solves the problems of hookups from other websites. However, I think it’ll just either exacerbate it or else this site will eventually be known for hookups. Click on “How it Works” to watch the details.
- The FBI is moving to change the federal definition of rape for the first time in 80 years.
- Britain is considering legalizing gay marriage. “I support gay marriage because I am a conservative.” Wow!
- A lot of interesting graphs about civilian and military views post-9/11.