- Kareem Abdul-Jabar’s advice for boys becoming men.
- Another site dedicated to the childfree lifestyle.
- What would the world look like if all of the ice melted?
- The whole Sinead O’Connor and Miley Cyrus conversation is actually different forms of feminism where O’Connor and Cyrus are talking past one another.
- Has feminism become capitalism’s handmaiden?
- An interesting project of talking about women’s experience about the shame culture of being sexual.
- Objectifying gazes come from both men and women.
- Modesty shaming: “It’s time to admit that if you’re obsessing about what the young women are wearing this season, then the problem may be you.”
- Graphic detail of gender inequality around the world.
- Arguments against circumcision usually revolve around health. What if there’s an argument that circumcision is bad because it removes males’ well-being.
- Microsoft Kinect technologies to translate sign language into other languages:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnkQyUo3134
- The phenomenology of solitary confinement. Interesting how Husserl and Merleau-Ponty could give some insight to this horrible condition.
- Questions for free-market moralists.
- An interesting reddit thread asking why & how ex-neo-Nazis, skinheads, and racists changed their minds regarding racism.
- Racism linked between gun ownership and opposition to gun control in white Americans.
- California children can now have more than two legal parents. Moving beyond the two-parent model.
- John Corvino dismantles the Definitional Objection to same-sex marriage. By bringing up a case of a paralyzed person and his wife, the new natural law theorists bite the bullet and admit that this couple wasn’t really married. Wow! However, I disagree with Corvino’s rough and qualified definition of marriage.
- Nearly one in ten teens admits to coercing or forced sexual contact. Yikes!
- Gay couples choosing to say, “I don’t.”
- The American Academy of Pediatrics encourages condom use for sexually active teens should be encouraged and access to them should be easier, such as schools and other community venues.
- Telling young women not to drink because they might get raped focuses on the wrong group of people.