- Preschoolers are usually better than college students at figuring out the technological gizmos because they’re less biased wen it comes to the cause and effect relationship of the technology.
- Studies show the the eldest sister gets a higher edge when it comes to education.
- A new study revealed that if one considers oneself as more attractive, chances are one supports inequality.
- Thomas Piketty has been getting a lot of buzz lately with his new book, Capitalism in the Twenty-First Century. What is it all about? You can read an extensive book review here , or read the gist here.
- Really cool graphs from forty countries about moral issues.
- An interesting site about redefining beauty based on gender standards.
- Women are leaving jobs because they don’t want to behave like working men.
- Conventional wisdom suggests that if there were more women, then society would be less violent. Part of the problem is because a male-dominated is more violent. A new study shows that a male-dominated society is not necessarily more violent.
- Why some forms of bestiality may be permissible. Interesting argument, any objections?
- Reading a book that affects you changes your brain.
- Having slow reaction time in your midlife could increase you chances of death by 15 years.
- Sex work statistics have been biased.
- Coerced sex not uncommon among young men.
- Night owls are more likely to engage in more risky behavior such as one-night stands, financial risks, more likely to be single, more likely to have short-term relationships, yet they are more social.
- Cool site showing how the purity movement leads to shame.
- An intravaginal ring has been engineered that prevents pregnancy, herpes, and HIV. Awesome!