- Philosopher T.M. Scanlon on the 4 biggest reasons why (economic) inequality is bad.
- Comic explaining how feminism helps everyone.
- Five Plots on Gender you have to see. The fourth one is the one that grabbed me the most.
- The Adultery Arms Race. Technology is helping people have affairs discreetly, which makes technology catch up to keep tabs on partners’ whereabouts, which causes technology to hide those whereabouts, which causes technology…
- Lab grown penises are in the works for men. The purpose is mainly therapeutic to help people with congenital abnormalities, or who have undergone surgery for aggressive cancer or suffered traumatic injury.
- A woman two years ago had a uterus transplant. Recently, she gave birth.
- Not sleeping enough (staying up for 17 hours straight) impaired performance in the same way as a blood alcohol level above the legal driving limit would (BAC 0.05%).
- Looking at the color green before a working on a creative task can help with one’s creativity.
- Children who go to preschool tend to get higher grades by high school graduation and earn higher wages.
- If the media reports the lethality and dramatic methods of suicides, suicide rates go up. Responsible reporting can decrease suicide rates.
- Kareen Abdul-Jabbar: “The five most destructive words to our village are ‘That’s how I was raised.’“