- There’s a link between sexist attitudes and antichoice attitudes in abortion.
- A great article explaining what it means to be childfree. She also talks about the assumptions most people (especially women) have to deal with in a pro-child society.
- A lot of philosophers talk about shame.
- I’ve mentioned this before, but the debate is now hitting philosophy: Can people with dementia have a sex life?
- Speaking of which, the trial has ended with the verdict of “not guilty.”
- The World Happiness Report revealed that Switzerland, Iceland, Denmark, Norway, and Canada are the happiest countries. Go here to see how they ranked it.
- A report on graduate students’ health and well-being.
- Molly Crocket was awarded a grant to study transformative prosocial experiences at the Burning Man festival.
- In a shocking revelation, the FBI faked an entire field of forensic science.
- An apt description of relationship anarchy.
- An argument from the American Sociological Association claiming that same-sex parents do not harm children.
- Could legalizing same-sex marriage lead to legalizing polygamy? (The author mistakenly says “polyamory.”)
- An app for those in open relationships.
- Those in relationships tend to be distant toward friends, but not their parents.
- A great explanation showing that fundamentalist religions are not going “back to medieval times” but is actually a very modern phenomenon.
- “It’s not about God; it’s about the power wielded by those who act in his name.”—An article about the spread of disbelief in the Arab world.
- Daniel Dennett argues that the future of religion is bleak.
- A group of students at the Institute of Technology has developed a safety system that detects the alcohol blood level of a person and prevents them from driving.
- Babies feel pain similar to adults. However, they are not given any pain medication during surgery. As an application, perhaps it would be best to give them some anesthetic when male babies undergo circumcision.
- Why physics needs philosophy.
- Is sex offending genetic? For males, if the father or brother was a sex offender, there’s a 40% change that the subject will be one too.
- People who earn more, have more sex, and vice versa.
- Iranian students’ attitudes toward sexuality (meaning premarital sex, marriage, and the family) before the ’79 revolution are exactly the same now. In other words, they are not more conservative when it comes to sexual attitudes.
- Mindfulness may help with one’s sexual arousal.
- Men interested in casual sex have higher testosterone, but if they have casual sex, their testosterone levels go down.
- Why being single in a couple-centric housing is tough. Perhaps a communal living arrangement is key.