- People are rated more attractive when they are in groups rather than seen alone. This is known as the cheerleader effect. In a way, having a wingman or a wingwoman would be a good idea.
- A comic about what a breakup feels like. The last panel perfectly sums it up.
- This is the uneven distribution of the wealth throughout the world. The double red borders are where they are heavily policed.
- This is a map of the projected world in 2100 based on GDP. Notice that in the majority of the world, GDP is going up. In the Northern hemisphere, they’ll benefit. The cooler parts of the world will have higher value. But notice that high affluent people mostly live there, which means that climate change will disproportionately affect the poorer countries. You can read more about it here.
- How did the people responsible for the major shootings in the US get their guns? It was much easier than you think.
- A graph detailing the relationship between gun-related deaths, obtaining permits, background checks, waiting periods, and laws surrounding “standing one’s ground.”
- The science behind why people fear refugees.
- Religious upbringing associated with less altruism, according to study.
- We often think that the more sex we have, the happier we’ll be. A latest study suggests that having sex once a week is fine.