- The Onion never ceases to amaze me: How to Get a Guy to Notice You While You’re Having Sex.
- A debate about pornography in England. I thought the opposition did a horrible job, which is why the house was in favor of porn.
- A new strain of gonorrhea is resistant to antibodies. Doctors are now finding a way to fight it.
- New male contraception is on its way. It basically injects a gel in the vas deferens to chemically change the sperm so that they can’t penetrate the ovum.
- American sex lives are as exciting as “a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.” See here on why. A lot of interesting statistics too. In other words, the stuff we hear and see in society is hyped up and inflated.
- California Governor signs law to teach gay history.
- The Science of the Cougar. (Really, that’s the headline.) Why do women from ages 26-45 have a higher sexual frequency? Various answers have been:
- Their answer is that their biological clock is ticking, but in a complex evolutionary way.
- Older women are just more sexually comfortable.
- Apparently, Hitler ordered sex dolls for his troops so that they wouldn’t contract any dieases. However, the idea was abandoned later and the dolls were blown up in the bombing of Dresden.
- Dan Savage on Colbert Report about how monogamy is overrated.
- Also from Cambridge is a debate about allowing polyamory relationships to flourish. They allow it.
- An interesting search engine where you can look up philosophy ideas, their gist, and even relating ideas, themes or other philosophers. (in the blogroll now).
- An interesting blog about what it’s like to be a woman in philosophy.
- Mitt Romney won’t sign the “Marriage Vow” pledge, taken from Huffington Post.
Technology and Science
- You can know print in 3D and even use the products:
- Science mutates and breeds an orange where it’s now the perfect orange: skin is easier to peel, low seeds, and the perfect sweetness.
- Excellent source for videos on science. I think my favorite is below:
- Belief in Evolution vs. national wealth. Notice that the US is a fringe data point.