- A sobering idea that the reason we exist is because of some past tragedy. As an example, the reason I exist is because of the Vietnam War. Would you be willing to sacrifice your existence to prevent that tragedy? Why not for the future? “If we would be willing to sacrifice our existence for the sake of preventing past horrors, what would we be willing to sacrifice of ourselves to prevent horrors now and in the future? And why are so many of us (and I include myself here) not doing so?
- Killer Robots! Three philosophers discuss the ethical implications and argue that making autonomous weapons are a bad idea.
- The Myth of the Alpha Male. Instead of dominance vs. submissive, it should be dominance vs. prestige.
- An article explaining we should have gun safety not gun control.
- There is a correlation between gun deaths and suicides and the state’s political ideology.
- Martha Nussbaum on why some men are above the law.
- A map of the US and Canada of Queer, Women-centered, feminist sex toy shops.
- Has your partner cheated on you and you want to forgive that partner? A study suggests that mindfulness helps to do that.
- 15 ways to scientifically strengthen your willpower. I think I posted this previously, but it’s worth posting again.
- Beating procrastination.