- An advocate for right-to-die, Brittany Maynard, has ended her life from an incurable brain tumor.
- What happens when you decriminalize drugs? You’d think drug use would go up, but it actually goes down. Here’s a case study in Portugal.
- Website from Alfred Mele dedicated to Free Will. Lots of other philosophers make remarks here too.
- Adam Swift on Parental Partiality on Philosophy Bites.
- Obama is a Republican.
- From Bleeding Heart Libertarian, the saying “If you don’t vote, you have no right to complain” doesn’t make any sense.
- Was there a sound in history that was so loud that people could hear it 3000 miles away? Apparently, there was a volcano that exploded in 1883. Interesting factoid from the site: the decibels were so loud that it could melt concrete just from the sound! Now that’s loud.
- An argument for affirmative consent in sex, or sometimes known as “Yes Means Yes.”
- Philosophy teachers looking to diversify their syllabi can check out this new website. This’ll be on the blogroll.